2008 was a year not to forget. Our family was in transition from our small townhouse to our new home. We started the year with construction on our minds...It was great to experience every minute with the kids. They loved going to see the changes as the house got to it's finally stage. We are so happy and comfortable. Our demeanor is so relaxed at home and we have elbow room.
I started a new job 1/2008 and it has been so nice. The company is great, the employees are great and I truly enjoy what I am doing. I am thankful to have a great job in such a terrible economy. I know the job can get stressful and challenging but I am growing and learning everyday.
The kids have grown up so much. We have Brandon as a senior and graduating in 2009. I cannot believe he'll be graduating!!!! We have loved every minute of watching him grow into such a nice young man. I know his "mouthy" behavior is part of being a teenager but we still love his caring nature.
Matthew is in 6th grade and in middle school. Wow. He's a great young man who has the street smarts and the school smarts that will carry him throughout his life journey. He's a hardworker and always so willing to help out. He's the one that will give hugs when I need them the most. Love him!!!
Melanie is a 4th grader and enjoying her new school. The school is just for 4th and 5th grade students. She's a book worm. She's got a few girl moments but mostly very laid back. She is so competitive. She puts her mind to winning something or doing something and nothing stops her. She has a determined attitude. She has been asking for a hamster for a few years now. I did not want to buy one. She got some money for christmas and had her daddy take her to the pet store to purchase a hamster. Well, I get home and she's excited but terrified of this hamster. Too funny! She said the hamster has been hissing at her. She's afraid of the hamster! So we spend the weekend trying to work with what she got. To no avail we return the hamster on monday. So she returned the hamster and got a dwarf hamster that is so much nicer to handle and doesn't make noises at her.
Lastly, Cole, Cole, Cole....he's a funny boy. Always has a smile. Enjoys life as it is. He's a hardworker when he applies himself. He's a good boy but has a high strung demeanor at times. It drives us crazy to think he can't sit still sometimes. He's excited about starting baseball in the spring. His first sport and we'll see how much he knows. We have not spent too much time teaching him anything about sports. He watches alot of the kids play but we don't know what to expect from our Colie!
Brian and I are doing well. We are communicating better. We are really busy with the kids activities, chores, or making meals and we forget to take time and enjoy each other. We'll be 19 years married in March 09. Time flies. He is taking a trip to Myrtle beach with lots of guys and his brother/dad. He enjoys himself but it's a whole week of craziness for me. I want to take a few trips this year. I need to find time for myself. Brian and I turn 40 this year. We've been together for more than 1/2 of our lives! I can't believe it.
Our family is trying to adopt a dog. We have promised the children a dog for a long time. I am hoping we can adopt a dog that needs a home and is a good match. We shall see. It's hard for me to imagine of a dog to care for on top of the kids and house and work, but we are excited and if everyone helps it should be alright.
Many blessings to you all and may your 2009 be blessed with more family times and finding ways to stay closer to our savior.
1 comment:
That was a great update. The kids sound like they are doing just great. Wow, nineteen years!! You should plan a big party for the 20th, or a 2nd honeymoon getaway!! Miss you all so much! Love, Chris
Post a Comment